Carambola or starfruit (Averrhoa carambola) is a typical form of fruit-producing plants from Indonesia, India, and Sri Lanka. Greenish yellow star fruit. When new growth, green fruit. If cut, this fruit has a star-shaped cross section. Small grain and brown. The fruit is crisp when eaten, sweet and slightly sour. This fruit contains a lot of vitamin C.
Because it contains a lot of water and fiber orange yellow fruit can provide satiety for longer. For who are dieting to lose weight, it is recommended to consume this fruit in fresh condition that benefits are more pronounced.
The fruit has a sweet taste and high water content, so if eaten can give freshness to treat thirst during the day. Star fruit is rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, C and vitamin E. In addition, star fruit contains other nutrients such as fiber, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, folic acid and many other content contained in the star fruit. Therefore, star fruit is very useful to overcome various types of diseases.
Here are the benefits of starfruit for health and beauty:
- Treatment of acne. To treat acne prepare 3 pcs fresh carambola. Wash thoroughly. Grated fruit and a little salt. Stick it on the skin with acne. Apply 2 times a day. Or prepare 6 pieces carambola and 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sulfur, finely ground and then kneaded with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. This herb is used to rub the face with acne and grease. Do it 2-3 times a day.
- Makes the skin glow. Carambola juice contains vitamin C and zinc in large quantities. Both the materials needed to make the skin more healthy and radiant.
- Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Prepare fruit and seeds carambola juice 25gr ivory that has been washed. Pollen grains ivory finely ground. Put into a pan of 4 cups of water and boil together carambola. Cool and strain before drinking. Simply drink 1 cup a day. Large fruit and green shredded, grab her and drinking water. Or you can also set up 3 fruit carambola are washed and cut necessary, boiled in 3 cups of water until the remaining 1 cup. After chilling filtered, Drinking after breakfast.
- Cough medicine. How: The leaves, flowers, fruit, each as much boiled in boiling water for 1/2 hour, and drink his water. For cough in children, take 25 flowers carambola, 1 finger rhizome ginger, 1 finger cinnamon bark, 1 finger rhizome kaempferia galanga, 2 red onions, 1/4 gotu kola handheld, handheld 1/4 sage leaves, 1/4 handheld rue leaves, handheld 1/4 spoon leaves, washed and cut 2 pieces as needed, boiled with 5 cups water until the remaining 2 1/4 cups. After the cold and filtered, taken with honey as needed. 3/4 cup 3 times a day.
- Treating Diabetes. While you are diabetic, prepare 6 pieces carambola, then crushed, boiled with 1 cup of water until the water a half, Strain and drink 2 times a day. Reducing sugar levels in the body, specifically for people with diabetes, it is recommended to consume plenty of fruits carambola
- Treat mumps. How: Half handheld starfruit leaves pounded with garlic 3. Compress on the mumps. 10 young twigs and leaves starfruit following 4 red onions after washed and finely ground. Apply to the place of the sick.
- Rheumatism. How: Handful of carambola leaves washed, mash until smooth, add whiting, rubbing to sick area. 100 g of young leaves carambola, 10 seeds 15 cloves and peppercorns washed and finely ground, add vinegar to taste until a dough like mush. Spread batter slurry was ketempet sick. Or it could be a way has outlined 5 pieces carambola, 8 leaves of magnolia (Michelia Champak L.), 15 seed cloves, 15 grains of black pepper, washed and finely ground, kneaded with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil eucalyptus. Used to rub and massage bagiyan sick body. Do it with 2-3 times a day.
- Stiff. How: A handful of leaves of young starfruit, 10 cloves seeds, 15 peppercorns, finely ground and then add vinegar to taste. Apply to the affected area.
- Tinea versicolor. How: Ten pieces of carambola washed and finely ground, add whiting of tamarind seeds, crushed until smooth. This herb is used to rub the skin that feels phlegm. Apply 2 times a day.
Benefits of carambola for pregnant women, such as:
- Consuming star fruit can be efficacious to keep the immune system against viruses and bacteria that cause disease, because these fruits contain vitamin C is high enough so that it can function as an antioxidant. Antioxidants are able to ward off the attack of free radicals in the body, so the body will not get sick.
- While the vitamin A content of its proven highly efficacious in maintaining eye health, so it can improve vision.
- In addition, star fruit contains fiber which can be efficacious to launch the digestive tract and prevent constipation. Besides, eating star fruit can also help in weight loss. This is because, in the womb of star fruit low in calories so it is suitable to be used as a supplementary food diet.
- The content of potassium in the star fruit can be believed to help in lowering high blood pressure, which can prevent heart disease and stroke.
- High antioxidant content is very effective in preventing cancer, because the antioxidant substances capable of slowing the growth of cancer cells and kill cancer cells that nested body.
- Star fruit consumed regularly can be efficacious to dispose of harmful toxins in the body.
For pregnant women if they like with this fruit, it is advisable not too excessive and should consult first on the obstetrician. Moreover, it is not recommended for diabetics and people with high cholesterol because it can harm your health and the risk of kidney failure. This is because, star fruit contains oxalate acid which is very dangerous if consumed for diabetics.
Sweet and tart flavored star fruit (carambola) is one of the delicious tropical fruits rich in vitamin C. It's crunchy; juicy pulp contains an impressive list of. The star fruit is that green garnish the sweet potato vendor often displays on his stand. Referred to as 'kamrakh' in Hindi, and 'carambola' in . Starfruit (Carambola) Smoothie Recipes, Nutrition & Health Benefits. Starfruit or Carambola Starfruit, also known as carambola, is a tropical fruit that is native to . 1 Origins and distribution; 2 Description; 3 Gastronomy.
Health. 4.1 Benefits; 4.2 Risks; 4.3 Drug interactions. 5 Cultivation; 6 Other uses; 7 Common names. Star fruit is good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, B- Complex vitamins, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Fiber, Antioxidant.Health Benefits of Vegetables · Health Benefits of Meat. Carambolas are now a fledgling commercial crop with most being grown in Florida. Prime harvesting .